Welcome to the DeSoto Central High School Library! Distance Learning Ideas: Listed at the bottom of this page.
All library books and textbooks that have not been returned must be returned or paid for in the library at DCHS. This includes any books or textbooks also from DCMS or any other DCS.
If you have a book or books that you would like to be ordered for our school library, give Ms. Montgomery the title of the book and author's full name in an email.
If you would like to request a book to checkout, please send your name, the book title and author's full name in an email to Ms. Montgomery.
First Regional Library is having a prize drawing to enter for anyone that signs up for a free library card. Turn your completed application form with a parent signature into Ms. Montgomery or your literature teacher by Monday, Sept. 28th. The prize winners will be announced Oct. 1st.
Students that need assistance logging into their Office 365 email and/or Microsoft Teams may view this video for instructions
Need assistance with a password reset click this link
Students that need assistance filling out a Help Ticket click this link
The goal of the DCHS library is to provide students, faculty, and parents with an accessible and inviting center to promote the use of print and electronic media.
Ms. Montgomery, your librarian, graduated from Mississippi State University with a Bachelor's in Education, Ole Miss with a Master's of Education and received certification in library media from University of Memphis.
- 7:55 AM - 8:20 AM
- During your scheduled lunch with a note from your teacher daily
- Before late arrival or during work release
- Check out 2 library books at a time
- Print papers saved to thumb drives or their email
- Conduct internet research on class assignments
- Submit their work to Ms. Montgomery for a quick content evaluation
Students may not:
- Bring food or drink into the library
- Use cell phones or other electronics in the library while doing online classes without first checking with Ms. Montgomery or your teacher in the library
- Use any computer without having it assigned by Ms. Montgomery or your teacher in the library
- Engage in disruptive behavior
Margaret Ann Montgomery
Phone: 662.536.3612 ext. 115
Follow dcjag_library on Instagram
Join the Jag Book Club in the library for fun!
Distance Learning/Library Links
- Good Reads: Book Recommendations for Distance Learning
- Virtual Field Trips for Distance Learning
- Library of Congress for Distance Learning
- Smithsonian Education for Distance Learning
- Mississippi Distance Learning Secondary Mackinvia(username and password is mde20202)
- World Book Encyclopedia (username: wbsupport password: distancelearn)
- Audible (Distance Learning eBooks)
- Distance Learning: Junior Library Guild (username: JLGMID password: JLGFREE)
- First Regional Library
- Destiny Discover/Lightbox ebooks (username: MSIS number password: student's first name lowercase)