Desoto Central High School Library
Margaret Ann Montgomery, Librarian
Welcome to the DeSoto Central High School Library! The goal of the DCHS Library is to provide an inviting and accessible center for students, faculty, and parents to use print and electronic media.
Ms. Montgomery, your librarian, graduated from Mississippi State University and University of Mississippi with a bachelor's and master's degree in education. She obtained library media certification from the University of Memphis.
Students pay $25 in the school office to receive a device to use at school and at home. Parents can also pay for devices on RevoPay. Students use their school username and password to login. Usernames are the first letter of your first name lowercase, the first letter of your last name lowercase followed by the last six digits of your MSIS/lunch number. The password is Jaguars followed by six digits for your date of birth. Next, students will create a new password. It can not be an old password, contain any of your name, Jaguars, birthdate or lunch number.
All library books and textbooks that have not been returned must be returned or paid for in the library at DCHS or on RevoPay. If a book is lost, it can be paid for with the exact cash in the school library. This includes any books or textbooks from any DCS.
If you have a book or books that you would like to be ordered for our school library, visit the library and tell Ms. Montgomery the book title and author's name.
Students that need assistance logging into their Office 365 email and/or Microsoft Teams may view this video for instructions
Students that need assistance with a password reset click this link
Students that need assistance filling out a Help Ticket click this link
direct link to instructions for submitting a Help Ticket for Office365 password rest.
Daily Library Hours
Open Student Times
- 7:55 AM - 8:20 AM
- During your scheduled lunch with a note from your teacher daily
- Before late arrival or during work release
- Check out 2 library books at a time
- Print papers saved to thumb drives or their email
- Conduct internet research on class assignments
- Ask for help at computers and locating books.
Students may not:
- Bring food or drink into the library
- Use cell phones or other electronics in the library while doing online classes without first checking with Ms. Montgomery or your teacher in the library
- Use any computer without having it assigned by Ms. Montgomery or your teacher in the library
- Engage in disruptive behavior
Margaret Ann Montgomery
Phone: 662.536.3612 ext. 115
Follow dcjag_library on Instagram
Distance Learning/Library Links
- Virtual Field Trips for Distance Learning
- Good Reads: Book Recommendations for Distance Learning
- Library of Congress for Distance Learning
- Smithsonian Education for Distance Learning
- Mississippi Distance Learning Secondary Mackinvia(username and password is mde20202)
- World Book Encyclopedia (username: worldbook password: courses)
- Audible (Distance Learning eBooks)
- Distance Learning: Junior Library Guild (username: JLGMID password: JLGFREE)
- First Regional Library
- Destiny Discover/Lightbox ebooks (username: MSIS number password: student's first name lowercase)