About Our School
It is the purpose of DeSoto Central High School to prepare students academically, socially, and physically to be successful in a global society.
Purple and Gold
In August 1999, DeSoto Central School opened in the current DeSoto Central Middle School building with grades K-6. Since its inception, DeSoto Central has become a community in its own right.
With the construction of a new high school building, DeSoto Central High School opened its doors on August 12, 2003. The opening of DeSoto Central High School made the Kindergarten through twelfth grade facility on Central Parkway complete. In May 2006, the first group of seniors graduated from DeSoto Central High School.
In May 2012, the first-ever DeSoto Central kindergarten students became DeSoto Central graduates. These 38 students began attending DeSoto Central when the school first opened in 1999, and they were part of the 315-member Class of 2012.
DeSoto Central High School is one of the highest-performing schools in Mississippi. Only 11 high schools in Mississippi have been named as a Star School for three consecutive years (2009, 2010, and 2011), and DeSoto Central High School is one of those 11 high schools. DeSoto Central also has one of the highest graduation rates in the state of Mississippi, and our students' performance on state testing is traditionally among the best in the state.
- A safe, comfortable environment that is conducive to learning is essential for every student.
- Every child is entitled to an education that provides a solid foundation with opportunities to acquire advanced skills.
- Student assessment that employs a variety of methods is the best determiner of student success.
- High expectations with clear, attainable goals need to be communicated to the students.
- The learning process begins at home and is shaped and enhanced at school.
- Instruction in technology is necessary to prepare the students for the challenges of the future.
- Communication and mutual respect should be cultivated between all levels of the community and the school to help bring about an atmosphere that is conducive to leaning and academic excellence.
- Student need to have access to ideas and information that will enable them to successfully relate to different cultures and people from other societies.
Map to School:
Physical Address: 2911 Central Parkway, Southaven, MS 38672