9th Grade English | Creative Writing | MS Writers
UPDATE: August 15th, 2022 😉
Hello, everyone! Don't forget to keep checking your teachers' sites for updates! 🌼
- August 4th -- Students' First Day (Thursday)
- August 8th -- Please have all required supplies ready for class (Monday)
- Week of August 15th-19th -- First grades begin to go into grade book.
- Make sure you're signed up for your class's Remind (see below) to keep up-to-date with assignments.
[FAQ's] Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Where do I find my assignments? If you are absent or there is an inclement weather day, etc, you can access your assignments on Schoology. You can find this by going to http://dcsdms.org/ , selecting "Schoology" from the quick links. Occasionally for this class, we will also do assignments using the online textbook through Clever--but check Schoology first to see which assignments you're supposed to complete.
2. What is the best way to Contact You? By email. Please allow up to 24 hours for a reply. However, you can also contact me through Remind. (Schoology is also an option, but may take a little longer...)
3. How do I Sign Up for Remind?
I have posted the sign-ups for Remind at the bottom of my teacher website. However, if you can't find them (or they're not working), then you may also request the sign-up code from me in-person as well.
4. I Forgot my Schoology / Clever Sign In. What Should I Do? Your username / email is the first initial of your first name, first initial of your last name, and the last 6 digits of your lunch number. For example:
- If Amy King's lunch number is 1234567, her computer / Email / Schoology username is firstname.lastname@example.org
Your password is the school mascot (Jaguars) and your birth date in the format: MMDDYY. For example
- if your birthday was January 4th, 2006, your password would be: Jaguars030406
- English I Students: This is a semester class. We will have a mid-term exam at the end of the 9 weeks, and a final at the end of the semester. You can only be exempt from the final. I will let you know what books you will need.r
- Oral Communications: This is a 9 weeks class. We will begin working on our first speech on Tuesday, Aug 16th. Our final exam will be the mid-semester exams.
- Anime Club: I am no longer sponsoring the Anime Club this year. Please see Mrs. Fennema for more information.
I look forward to meeting all of my students and sharing my love of literature with them. My goal is to reinforce their reading and writing skills to prepare them for a successful future. After all, no matter where you are in life, reading and writing are skills that both protect and enable you to communicate and express yourself. These skills are only the first step to great things, and the only way to receive them is through practice~!
If you wish to reach me, please use the email provided here on the site by hitting "contact." I should get back to you within 24 hours of receiving your message.
Students and parents can also keep track with upcoming assignments, due dates, projects, etc, by signing up for my Remind / Remind 101 which will be provided the first week of school.
"IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN."
About the Quote: This is quoted by Mary Ann Evans. She used the pen name George Eliot in order to make publication easier in a time when few women published books in her genre of choice (as many women still published in other genres like Children's, Romance, etc).
Her quote is meant to remind people that there is no point dwelling on what was or what we haven't accomplished. We always have a chance to start over again to reach our goals. Note, that doesn't mean it will be easy--but then again, few things worth achieving in life actually are. That's what makes them worthwhile.