January 29, 2015
It's a great day to be a Jaguar!
- Car riders exit their vehicles on the south side of DCHS in the mornings, and car riders enter the building through the gym lobby. The doors are opened each morning at 7:50. In the afternoons, all car riders and walkers exit the building through the gym lobby at 3:33. Car riders are picked up on the south side of the building near the student parking lot.
- DeSoto Central High School has been designated as a Star School ("A" rating) by the Mississippi Department of Education. This is the highest recognition that a school can receive, and it is based upon test scores, student academic growth, and graduation rate. The Mississippi Department of Education began this accreditation system in 2009, and only 7 high schools (including DeSoto Central High School) have received this honor in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- In order to check-out students, parents or their designee must come to the school and check-out their child in person. If you have attendance questions, you can contact our attendance clerk, Ms. Pamela Wiliams, at email@example.com.
- Parents can view the board policy regarding attendance at www.desotocountyschools.org.
- You can follow DeSoto Central High School on Twitter @dchsjaguars.
- Everyone is encouraged to visit our school district's website at www.desotocountyschools.org. By viewing this website, you can get updates regarding board policy changes and school district events.
- You can follow our counselors through their blog at www.dchscounselors.blogspot.com
- Adults can purchase an all-sports athletic pass for $100. The pass will admit one adult to all home regular season athletic events at DeSoto Central High School. If you are interested in purchasing a pass, contact our athletic director, Matt Wallace, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The graduation ceremony for the Class of 2015 will be held May 23, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. at the Landers Center.
- Students received their report cards on Friday, January 9th.
- Students will receive progress reports on February 4th.
- Students have received their SATP results and MCT2 results. If a student did not receive his/her SATP scores, the student/parent can contact our school test coordinator, Jessica Morris, at email@example.com.
- If a student has a textbook issue, he/she can see Mr. Baird in the library between classes.
- If you would like to volunteer to assist with state testing this spring, please contact our school testing coordinator, Ms. Jessica Morris, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our seniors met with our Graduate Services representative on Wednesday, October 29th during 2nd block to discuss caps and gowns, senior invitations, etc., and seniors had an opportunity to place senior orders on November 5th.
- Our sophomores will met with our Josten's representative Thursday, January 29th during 2nd block to discuss class ring options. Students will be able to place their class ring orders this upcoming Thursday during the lunch periods.
- Our counselors will host a Sophomore/Junior Night on Monday, February 2nd at 5:30 in the cafeteria. They will also host a Financial Aid Night on the same evening (February 2nd) at 6:30 p.m. Students and parents are invited to attend.
- Our theatre department will present "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" February 26th, 27th, and 28th in our Performing Arts Center.
- Our dance team will compete in Orlando this weekend for UDA Nationals.
- Our cheerleaders will compete in Orlando February 4th-9th for UCA Nationals.
- Our bowling team has a match Wednesday against Lewisburg.
- Our girls soccer team defeated Warren Central in the first round of the state playoffs. They will play at Madison Central tomorrow (Saturday) in the second round of the state playoffs.
- Our basketball teams play tonight (Friday) at Olive Branch.
DCS is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination. It is the policy of DCS that all applicants and employees are entitled to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion or creed, gender (includes pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other protected characteristics as required by local, state and federal law.
Copyright © 2015 DeSoto Central High School