Good morning! We are excited about our upcoming graduation ceremony. I wanted to give you some information and reminders.
- Cap and Gown pick up will be on Tuesday the 18th. Here are the times:
Last names A-H 8:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Last names I – P 9:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Last names Q-Z 10:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Graduation practice will be at 1:00 p.m. at the Landers Center on May 20th. Attendance at practice is mandatory. We spend several months making plans for our graduation ceremony because I believe that it is the most important event that we have as a school and it is one of the most important events in the lives of our students.
- As you prepare for the graduation ceremony, I want you to know that our graduates must report to the meeting room by 1:30 on May 23rd, so I would recommend you make as many pictures as possible before that time. And I would encourage you to arrive early at the arena to get the best possible seats. Landers Center personnel announced that the doors to the arena will open at 1:30 but they always have the option to adjust that time. Our senior video will start at 2:00. Our graduation ceremony will start at 3:00 on May 23rd.
- Landers Center officials will not require tickets for admission to our graduation ceremonies.
- I have attached the Landers Center Clear Bag Policy.
If I can help you or your family in any way over the next few weeks and months, please let me know. I've truly enjoyed working with the Class of 2021over the last 4 years, and it's hard to believe that our time together at DeSoto Central is coming to a close. They are an incredible group of young people, and I want them to have the best graduation ceremony possible.
I look forward to seeing you on the 23rd. And, as always, It's a great day to be a Jaguar!