First Semester- World History
Second Semester- 9th Grade English
Good morning! I am working on The 3rd Week's stuff now. It should all be uploaded by the end of Monday. I hope this whole thing has been going well. I miss you all.
As always, if you have questions, send me a remind, chat, or post. I am here to help in anyway I can. If I am slow to answer, it is because I am wrangling my gremlin now that her daycare is closed. I'm sure you'll be seeing her more in videos.
UPCOMING PROJECT: I have modified a project that we were going to do at the end of the year.
1. Choose a novel and submit it to me for review (either in assignments or if you are not on Teams for some reason, Remind) By EASTER!
2. Novel must be 300 pages or more (negotiable), fiction or non fiction, grade level appropriate (for example, you cannot read The Diary of a Wimpy Kid books 1-5 just because it meets page requirements)
3. There will be daily, weekly, and anytime assignments for the project.
4. You will have 20 days to complete.
Love and miss you all!!
This is definitely a historic time to live in the world! Governor Tate Reeves has postponed schools until April 17th at the earliest, which means we won't return until April 20th. During this time, we want to make sure our students and families get all the help they need, which includes distance learning.
This week starts our official turn to online education for a little while. I am using Microsoft Teams for my classes. Sign in with your DCHS email address. It should be your first initial, last initial, followed by your lunch number @dcsms.org. If you have logged in before, you created your own password. If you have not logged in before, try Welcome19 or Welcome20. If nothing works, put in a help ticket to the county. They will get back to you soon.
For my class, my goal is to give you some social interaction, refresh some standards, and find interesting ways to use technology. I want this to be as interesting as possible for you since I know too many of you are going out of your mind with boredom. Nothing should last longer than 30 minutes. If it does, please let me know so that I can adjust what I am doing for you.
This week, we are going to do a quick refresher on poetry! I will have a short powerpoint to review terms, and 3 assignments, along with videos of instructions.
I would like all my students to do a Quarantine Journal. I thought it would be fun to keep in touch with you that way.
If you are not on my Remind, please sign up: text 81010 and @kfennem to be added to the list.
Mrs. Fennema's Favorite Visual Method to Study Notes:
1. Put the slide into your own words (summarize)
2. Draw a picture for each slide
3. Highlight the vocab, events, and people in different colors
4. Summarize the entire powerpoint in a few bullet points to get the major concepts
5. Summarize each slide for smaller concepts or connections
By the end of this, you have reviewed your notes 4 times and only spent around 10 minutes each time.