Nutrition and Wellness
T4 started Monday, April 6! You need to follow the instructions on the right to get Remind and join Microsoft Teams.
Chapter 6: Safeguarding Health
· Watch a FoodBorne Illness video on You Tube.
· Write something you learned from the video. This response will count toward your daily grade
· Chapter 6 PowerPoint, read slides 1-18.
· Using slides 10-15 (Food Safety) and the handout as a guide, list 3 examples for each heading (Clean Separate, Cook, Chill).
· Chapter 6 PowerPoint, read slides 19-28.
· Using these slides (Kitchen Safety) and the handout as a guide, list 3 examples for each heading (Preventing Chemical Poisonings, Preventing Cuts, Preventing Burns and Fires, Preventing Falls, Preventing Electric Shock, Preventing Choking).
· Take quiz on Chapter 6.
Friday: Happy Easter!
T4 students need to sign up for my Remind messages.
- send a text to 81010
- text this message @csockwell
In addition to my Remind, all students need to make sure they have their Office365 school email accounts working and ready to use! We will be using Microsoft Teams for online learning, and your school email accounts are needed to log on.
Information on student accounts can be found at www.dcsdms.org/kb under Student Accounts. This will help you determine your username/email address.
If you have never logged in to your student email account, follow the directions found at the website above.
If you need your password reset, go to http://www.dcsdms.org/tickets/open.php, from there Select "Username/Password Issues" from the drop-down menu at the bottom. Fill in all required information, and you will receive a temporary password as soon as possible.
Once everything is set up, you will login in to your email here https://login.microsoftonline.com/
Please email me if you have any questions!
- kitchen and food safety
- proper social etiquette
- food preparation
- personal fitness
- global cuisine
- careers in the nutrition and wellness
- home food preservation
Ideas to do at home:
- eat healthy meals and snacks
- read articles related to nutrition and wellness
- watch cooking shows
- WASH YOUR HANDS!
I'm Conni Sockwell, and I'm in my 27th year of teaching. I got my Bachelor of Science degree from Mississippi State. Hail State! I have taught every grade except 5th in my teaching career.
I am the proud mom of 4 wonderful children. My son Allen and his wife Muriel live in Houston, Texas.They are the proud parents of their sweet puppy Kya. My daughter Taylor and her husband William live in Memphis. They are the proud parents of sweet Wriggley. My middle daughter Morgan just finished nursing school and is a nurse at Baptist East. My youngest daughter Samantha graduated in May 2019 from Mississippi State with a degree in nutrition. She is doing an internship at the VA Hospital in Memphis and getting married this fall to Ryan Gardner.