- It's a great day to be a Jaguar!
- The graduation ceremony for the class of 2020 will be held at the Landers Center on May 21, 2020 at 7:00 pm.
- All students should have a handbook, and you are responsible for the information in the handbook.
any students in need of extra help in their classes, free tutoring is
offered every Wednesday after school. The sessions last until 5PM and
are held in Mrs. Leninger's room, B22. To sign up for a session, there
are slips and boxes in the main office and in front of the counselor's
- Attention pageant ladies 16 and up: The Miss Grand MIssissippi Pageant is coming to North Mississippi! If you are interested in potentially becoming the next Miss Grand Mississippi and having the opportunity to represent Mississippi at the Miss Grand United States Pageant, please pick up an application packet at the front desk for more information.
- Progress reports will be issued Thursday, November 14th.
- Anyone interested in trying out for Archery, please see Mrs. Crittenden in A34 for more information.
- TURKEY FEATHER APPRECIATION is happening this week. The SADD club wants you to purchase Turkey Feathers for your teacher's classroom Turkeys to show appreciation and give a little thanks for all the teachers do for you. Feathers can be purchased November 11th -15th before school and at all lunches. Feathers will be 25 cents each or 5 for a dollar. Come prepared to help your teachers out by supplying their turkeys with some covering. The winning teacher will get a gift card and the winning teacher's classes will get a cupcake party.
- Applications are available for young ladies who are interested in participating in the DCHS Winter Court which will be held on January 24th, 2020. Applications are not open to participants from this year's Homecoming Court. You may pick up an application outside Room B20 or in the front office. Winter Court will be limited to 7 participants. Applications will be due Tuesday, November 19th, 2019. Please fill out an application as soon as possible. No late applications will be accepted.
- This is the last week to purchase yearbooks for $65. On Monday, November 18th, the price will increase to $70. Senior ads for the yearbook must be ordered by Friday, November 15th. If you need an order form, see Ms. Springer in the counselors' office.
- The Balfour Representative will be on campus to deliver letter jackets on Friday, November 15th during lunch. Please bring correct balance due on that date. Balances are available in the school office. If you want to order a jacket that can be done on Friday as well, order forms are in the main office.PLEASE NOTE: On delivery day, ONLY cash or money orders will be accepted.. NO CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Pay online with credit/debit cards at www.balfourmstn.com
- The SADD club is hosting a Social Activity on Friday, November 15th from 4:00-5:45pm in the Cafeteria. There will be PIZZA, FOOD, SNACKS and DRINKS. We will be team building and playing games to get to know one another. Hope to see you there! If you have any questions please see Mrs. McKim in D20.
- Girls and Boys Powerlifting tryouts will be Monday, November 18th and Tuesday, November 19th after school in the weight room. You must have a current physical to tryout. Information packets can be picked up in Coach Miller's office in D1. If you have any questions you can check with Coach Coleman or Coach Dougher.
- If you are interested in photography and digital media, there is an interest meeting being held this Friday, November 15th in the art room (E5) before school. If you can't make the meeting, there will be forms outside of the art room on Friday as well.